Thursday, January 21, 2016

The Single Girl's Guide to Surviving the Holidays in Style

Tada! I did it! I survived yet another Christmas and New Years as a single woman, and I didn't punch anyone in the face. Trust me, there were some people that were really asking to be punched, but I kept my hands to myself. I didn't want to risk a great manicure by breaking a nail. People should thank me for being so considerate. Of course, with Valentine's Day right around the corner I'm not out of the woods just yet, but I do have a plan of action.

Make it a Movie Night, Every Night – Netflix never lets me down. After all these years, Netflix knows what I like and often makes appropriate suggestions according to my moods. Why yes, Netflix, I am most certainly interested in a period piece featuring a strong female lead. No, I don't care if it's historically accurate. I'm all about the costumes, cat-fights, and clever wit.

When it comes to surviving the holiday season, you can go one of two routes: Seasonal cult favorites (National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, Christmas Story, It's a Wonderful Life), or take a hard left and race towards horror movies and psychological thrillers. Or, if you're like me, you'll watch some fluffy eye candy and indulge in a marathon of Pretty Little Liars (skipping over the Christmas episodes is optional.)

Skip PartiesHoliday parties are filled with couples and meddling busy-bodies who only want to know one thing: why are you here alone? No matter how much I enjoy being single, finding a smooching buddy at midnight makes for some awkward morning after stories. When it comes to being single on New Years, it's best to skip parties and build a pillow fort. It's okay to indulge your inner cave woman.

Chill With Friends – Luckily, my besties are single as well. Since we've nothing better to do, we've decided to what we always do – plan an adventure. No doubt my Valentine's will be memorable and filled with laughter. Spending time with friends is a necessary factor in a long, healthy, and happy life. I make it a point to chill with my friends as often as possible, Valentine's Day is just another night on my busy schedule of laughing with the people I love.


No matter how you spend your Valentine's Day, take a moment to genuinely appreciate your friends and loved ones. I hope your upcoming year is filled with an abundance of prosperity, laughter, and love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please join in the conversation, your thoughts are welcome!