Friday, August 24, 2012

Dear Frances - I'm a Nomad

Dear Frances,

It's been so long since I've written, and though I remember your address well I wonder if you still live there thirty years later.  I still think of you often, my pen-pal. I always wish you well over the miles and genuinely hope to reconnect with you once more.

In just a few days I'm moving away from Columbus once more.  I lived in Arkansas for a few years during my college years, and I've come to miss the thrill of being surrounded by natural beauty.  Here in the city I'm surrounded by skyscrapers and sad, angry people.

After a whirlwind weekend of packing necessities and giving the rest to charity we will depart for a week of fun and frolic with friends and family, then it's off to Hawai'i! I'll certainly write more once we arrive.  Until then, and always, I wish you all the best.

Rachel